School uniform grant
NOTICE IN RELATION TO THE 2020-21 PUPIL DEVELOPMENT (SCHOOL CLOTHING) GRANT
The Welsh Government funded Pupil Development Grant for 2020/21 is now available to help towards the costs of a child’s school uniform and equipment, for those on a low income. The grant can be used for:
- School uniform
- School sports kit
- Uniform for wider activities (e.g. sports,scouts and guides)
- Equipment (e.g. school bags and stationery)
- Specialist equipment where new curriculum activities begin (e.g design and technology)
- Equipment for out of school hour’s trips (e.g. waterproofs for outdoor learning)
The Funding is available to pupils who are eligible for free school meals (but not those transitionally protected) entering:
- Reception class or Year 3 of a Blaenau Gwent primary school in September 2020;
- Year 7 or Year 10 of a Blaenau Gwent secondary school in September 2020;
- Pupils in special schools, special needs resource bases and pupilreferral units in Blaenau Gwent who are aged 4,7,11 or 14 in September 2020;
- The Funding is also available to all looked after children of compulsory school age.
The amount available per pupil is £125.00 except those in year 7 where the amount available is £200 per pupil (for the increased extra costs associated with starting secondary school).
Our records indicate that you may be entitled to a grant. You can apply by completing an application form online. The link for the clothing grant application can be found on Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council’s website under Resident, Housing Benefit, Free School Meals & Clothing Grants.
All applications must be submitted by 31st January 2021. If your child attends a school outside the Blaenau‑Gwent area, please apply to the authority that maintains the school.
If you have any queries regarding this matter please contact the Benefits Section on 01495 353398 or email
benefits@blaenau‑gwent.gov.uk The Council will process your personal data in accordance with Data
Protection Legislation. For more information and access to privacy notices outlining how the Council handles your personal data, please go to the Data Protection section of the Council’s website.
The Council welcomes correspondence in Welsh and English and we will communicate with you in the language of your choice, as long as you let us know which you prefer. Corresponding in Welsh will not lead to any delay.
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR A PDF DOWNLOADABLE COPY OF THE ABOVE STATEMENT.